Data protection information
APRICITY offers a full digital service package to help, assist and support women and their partner during their fertility journey by simplifying and making it more personal and transparent, working with the best experts and providing constant support and digital tools to reduce stress and maximise your chances to conceive.
APRICITY offers the following services (herein after “the Services”):
- An ART (as defined below) one-stop-shop service with the below digital tools and modular fertility services, including medication and healthcare coordination;
- A mobile app providing your end-to-end fertility journey, guidance, tips, in real-time medical tests results and updates, medications list and appointments;
- A website providing digital contents (from APRICITY and from APRICITY’s partners), registration and payment;
- Video and audio call and messages with a fertility advisor that will assist and support you throughout your fertility journey;
- A digital tool allowing shared monitoring and follow-up by your fertility advisor and the relevant healthcare professionals intervening in your journey.
Please be aware that legal consent forms will be provided to you directly by the healthcare professionals, nurses, healthcare facilities, pharmacists, labs and other assisted reproductive technology (hereinafter “ART”) related professionals and bodies concerning the services and data processing they operate.
1. What will your personal data be used for?
Your personal data, including your identifying data, data concerning your personal life, health, your sex life or sexual orientation or revealing ethnic origin or religious beliefs will be collected and processed, only when relevant in order to provide you a custom Service and for the purpose of your access and use of APRICITY’s services, based upon your consent and upon the performance of the APRICITY’s Terms and Conditions.
Those data are collected from you directly or accessed through the medical records of your healthcare facility, when you agreed.
Please note that the health-related personal data are part of a special categories of personal data that are particularly sensitive and their processing result in you holding specific related rights.
Those data are necessary for you to use the Services and access their contents.
The failure to provide those personal data will prevent you from using the Services and, more broadly, accessing content of the Services.
You can withdraw your consent at any time. Please be aware that withdrawal of your consent will prevent you from benefiting from the Service and accessing the content.
Withdrawal of your consent will not impede on the lawfulness of the process of your personal data conducted up to the date of the withdrawal.
Sharing of your personal data with healthcare professionals, nurses, pharmacists, health facilities, labs and other ART related professionals and bodies, will be subject to your consent which may be indicated using a tickbox or by other electronic means.
Your anonymised personal data may be used for health-related studies, research or evaluation in which APRICITY will participate, unless you express your prior and specific objection.
You are informed that your navigation and Services usage, including access to all your data processed through the Services, may be analysed in order for APRICITY to improve and adapt the Services and their generalisation.
Providing that it will not allow your direct identification, your anonymised personal data may be used to improve the Services’ performance and features and may be used for analysis and statistical studies.
Finally, please note that processing of your personal data may involve profiling that will help APRICITY to provide you the most appropriate and relevant content and Services. However, this profiling will be used to make automated decisions.
2. Who is your personal data controller?
In accordance with the Regulations, you are hereby informed that the following entities are, each of them, respectively controllers of our personal data:
- APRICITY, in order to provide you the Services;
- Your healthcare professionals, nurses, pharmacists, health facilities, labs and other ART related professionals and bodies, as well as every other entity that entered a contract with APRICITY, so you can benefit from the Services; note that they are processing your personal data outside APRICITY’s digital tools, for purposes distinct from purposes specified by APRICITY, and, thus, are solely liable for those processing operations and for the collection of your consent relating to (i) those processing operations and (ii) any medical treatment you may receive.
APRICITY completed all the necessary formalities, if any, with the ICO.
Please note that APRICITY, and all potential processors designated by APRICITY, implements appropriate technical and organisational measures, especially, with regards to privacy and security of your personal data.
3. Who may access your personal data?
Your personal data are strictly restricted to:
- Yourself and, upon your consent, your partner;
- Specifically authorised personnel of APRICITY, within the limits of the beforehand specified purposes, including Service provision;
- Your healthcare facility, healthcare professionals, nurses, pharmacists, health facilities, labs and other ART related professionals and bodies, specifically authorised and abiding to medical confidentiality and health data sharing regulations;
- The pharmacist you elected for the transmission of the electronic prescription, if applicable;
- Strictly authorised personnel of APRICITY’s technical processors, within the limitations of their respective responsibilities;
- Any scientific partners of APRICITY that would carry out studies, research or evaluations, providing that your personal data will be pseudonymized.
APRICITY ensures that none of your personal data will be transferred to a non-authorised third party, without your consent.
4. How long will your personal data be kept?
You are informed that your personal data will be kept during the duration of your contractual relationship with APRICITY and then will be archived for a duration of 30 years prior to be deleted.
5. What rights do you hold regarding your personal data?
In accordance with the Regulations,
You have the right to:
- Access your personal data, including data inferred from profiling;
- Rectification of your personal data;
- Erasure of your personal data;
- Apply restrictions on processing your personal data;
- Object to processing your personal data;
- portability of your personal data;
- make a complaint to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (www.ico.org.uk)
Note that you also hold the right to withdraw your consent regarding the processing of your personal data at any time, including with regards to profiling of your data.
In order to exercise your rights, please contact APRICITY to the following details, attaching a copy of your Identity Document:
To APRICITY’s dedicated department at: email@example.com (email).
You also may contact the designated Data Protection Officer Mr. Julio Cesar Louzada Pinto at firstname.lastname@example.org (email) concerning any and all questions related to your personal data.